The Facilitative Approach eliminates the ‘sink-or-swim’ approach by creating an environment that students thrive in while fostering individual competence and retention.
MathSP academic and test prep coaches utilize facilitative techniques to teach important concepts to our students. Rather than simply giving students the answers, coaches are trained to guide students understand concepts and identify the correct techniques to solve problems. Students work problems methodically and carefully - not only to just answer the question, but also to strengthen their foundation and apply their understanding to similar problems. Such an interactive learning environment allows students to uncover their errors and grasp a better understanding of the material.
Advantages to the Facilitative Approach
The MathSP Facilitative Approach helps students to:
- Identify and close any gaps in their math foundation.
- Feel more confident in their ability.
- Navigate through problems using a structured approach to work towards the correct solutions.
- Determine next steps in problem solving.
- Learn various strategies and methods to reach the correct solutions.
- Ask all of their questions in a supportive environment.
MathSP coaches move on to new material only after each concept or problem is fully comprehended so that no one sinks… everyone swims!