SAT Subject Tests are an important component of the college admissions process. Through our one-on-one coaching utilizing the SP Method™, your child will understand the Strategies and Problem-solving techniques he or she needs SAT Subject Tests are one-hour multiple-choice tests that, like the SAT®, are designed to assess your child’s academic readiness for college. SAT Subject Tests focus on very specific subject areas.
Subject Tests display your child’s knowledge and ability to apply that knowledge. By showcasing these skills, SAT Subject Tests offer students an opportunity to differentiate themselves in the college admission process.
Colleges can use SAT Subject Test scores to help them:
- Make admission decisions.
- Determine how well prepared your child is for different college programs.
- Place your child in appropriate-level courses.
- Advise your child on subject course selection.
SAT Subject Tests fall into five general subject areas:
- English: Literature
- History: United States History, World History
- Mathematics: Mathematics Level 1 and Mathematics Level 2
- Science: Biology E/M, Chemistry, Physics
- Languages: Chinese with Listening, French, French with Listening, German, German with Listening, Modern Hebrew, Italian, Japanese with Listening, Korean with Listening, Latin, Spanish, Spanish with Listening
Click to learn more about the SAT Subject Tests and to register.